Moorish Lupin Nuts
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 40 minutes
Makes roughly 450g
4 tablespoons golden syrup, agave or rice malt syrup
1 teaspoon water
¼ teaspoon turmeric
¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon salt
125g whole almonds
135g TLC Lupin Protein Flakes
Olive oil for coating
- Preheat oven to 120°C and line a baking tray with oiled baking paper.
- In a large saucepan, warm golden syrup with the water over lowest heat possible, stirring until liquid is very runny.
- Turn heat off, then add spices and salt and stir to combine well with the syrup.
- Then add nuts to the syrup and stir through until nuts are thoroughly coated and no syrup remains in the saucepan.
- Add lupin flakes and toss gently to coat the nuts until evenly distributed.
- Gently transfer to the tray and spread evenly to form a single layer.
- Brush or spray with oil to coat the nuts.
- Place in the oven for 40 minutes until golden brown.
The Lupinist's Tips
If nuts begin to brown too much, turn oven down to below 100°C to finish baking.