There's nothing quite as satisfying as a muffin. This classic Blueberry Lupin Muffin recipe has added lupin flakes to kick start your day. Yummy but nutritious, each muffin will give you a healthy protein and fibre boost when you need it most. With blueberries for added vitamin C. Coeliacs will prefer the gluten-free version. A breeze to make these vegan too.
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 30 minutes
Serving 12 muffins
170g TLC Lupin Protein Flakes
250g plain wholemeal flour
110g brown sugar
3 teaspoons stevia
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 teaspoons baking powder
5 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
1 whole egg, lightly whisked or 1 teaspoon Orgran natural egg replacer, lightly whisked (or other egg replacer equivalent to one egg) for a vegan version
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
310ml skimmed milk or non-dairy substitute
200g dairy or vegan yoghurt
2 tablespoons olive oil
For a gluten free alternative
Increase the lupin flakes to 185g
Substitute plain flour for 200g gluten free self-raising flour
Add 30g almond meal
All other ingredients are the same.
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Blend the all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the egg, vanilla, milk, olive oil and yoghurt. Whisk gently to combine.
- Pour the wet mix into the dry ingredients and gently fold in until just combined, then add blueberries and fold in further.
- Spoon mixture into a 12 serve muffin tray lined with paper muffin cups.
- Sprinkle each muffin with a little brown sugar and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Muffins are ready when a skewer comes out clean.