Serves 15 pikelets
The Lupinist's Tips
Each one of these tasty pikelets provides a whopping 8.5g of protein!
2-3 pikelets make the perfect post-workout breakfast.
In addition to providing protein to repair the muscles, they also provide carbohydrate to replace all that energy you just burnt up and a great boost of fibre to keep you full.
Alternatively, they make a satisfying snack to help you get through the afternoon without raiding the cookie jar.
200g low fat ricotta cheese or use silken tofu as a vegan alternative
2 eggs or vegan egg replacer equivalent to 2 eggs
250ml milk or non-dairy milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Zest of 1 lemon
125ml maple syrup
135gTLC Lupin Protein Flakes
125g Self-raising flour
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the ricotta, eggs, milk, vanilla essence, lemon zest and maple syrup.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the lupin flakes and flour.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture.
- Mix together gradually with a wooden spoon.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and melt a little margarine. Dollop small amounts of mixture in the pan and cook pikelets for a couple of minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Serve topped with Greek yoghurt or vegan yoghurt and your choice of fruit.