Super moorish recipe! This Lupin, Apple and Cinnamon Tart is packed with flavours and texture: coconut, dates, cinnamon, nutmeg, sunflower seeds, oats - and lupin flakes of course.
For the base
75g quick cook oats
60g TLC Lupin Protein Flakes
45g desiccated coconut
45g sunflower seeds
20 Medjool dates – pitted (or regular dates soaked for an hour in 25ml warm water)
For the filling
4 apples – peeled, cored and chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
For the crumble
3 tablespoons TLC Lupin Protein Flakes
3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
½ teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
3 tablespoonsmaple syrup
3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Put all ingredients for the base in a food processor. Pulse until it comes together in a clump. Scrape from sides as necessary and add some water if too dry.
- Line one large (35 x 12cm) tart tin or 6 smaller ones with baking paper. Press the base mixture in and chill until firm.
- Put all ingredients for the filling in a medium-sized pan. Cover and cook over a low heat until the apples are tender, and the dried fruit has broken down. Add more water if it boils dry. It should reduce down with the apples covered in a sticky syrup.
- For the crumble, combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Mix together with hands.
- Pour onto a baking tray lined with paper and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 12-15 minutes. Flip over and bake the other side for a further 10 minutes.
- Once the crumble mixture is golden in colour, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- To assemble – remove the base or bases from the fridge, spoon the filling in and then top with the crumble. Serve as it or heat prior to serving.