Keto-friendly, Low Carb Lupin Pancake recipe for a protein and fibre-rich start to the day. A delicious, family-approved, vegan breakfast recipe that works well as a dessert - too served with your favourite seasonal fruits. And lashings of maple syrup. of course.
70g TLC Lupin Protein Flakes
200glow fat ricotta cheese or vegan substitute
3egg whites or vegan substitute
5 tablespoonsmilk or non-dairy drink
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoonvanilla essence
1 teaspoon baking powder
Zest of one lemon
Butter or vegan substitute for frying
- Place all ingredients except the butter in a bowl. Blend well together, ideally with a hand mixer.
- Let the batter rest for 20-30 minutes. Can be refrigerated overnight if preferred.
- Place a knob of butter in a large non-stick frying pan. Place on a low heat.
- Once butter has melted, remove the pan from the heat.
- Use 3 heaped tablespoons of batter for each pancake. Spread the batter in the pan using the back of a spoon. Make a thin disk around 8cm wide. (This batter is quite thick).
- Put the frying pan back on the heat. Turn up slightly to low/medium. Cook on one side until it bubbles. Flip over and cook the other side. (Note that these will take longer than traditional pancakes to cook).
- Serve dusted with icing sugar or with your favourite fruit and syrup – or both!