70g TLC Lupin Protein Flakes
200glow fat ricotta cheese or vegan substitute
3egg whites or vegan substitute
5 tablespoonsmilk or non-dairy drink
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoonvanilla essence
1 teaspoon baking powder
Zest of one lemon
Butter or vegan substitute for frying
- Place all ingredients except the butter in a bowl. Blend well together, ideally with a hand mixer.
- Let the batter rest for 20-30 minutes. Can be refrigerated overnight if preferred.
- Place a knob of butter in a large non-stick frying pan. Place on a low heat.
- Once butter has melted, remove the pan from the heat.
- Use 3 heaped tablespoons of batter for each pancake. Spread the batter in the pan using the back of a spoon. Make a thin disk around 8cm wide. (This batter is quite thick).
- Put the frying pan back on the heat. Turn up slightly to low/medium. Cook on one side until it bubbles. Flip over and cook the other side. (Note that these will take longer than traditional pancakes to cook).
- Serve dusted with icing sugar or with your favourite fruit and syrup – or both!