Veg and Lupin Crustless Quiche
This Veg and Lupin Crustless Quiche is easy to make and can also easily be made gluten-free or vegan. Packed with easily-digestible protein and full of bio-available calcium, iron, potassium and magnesium, it is not just delicious, but healthy too.
1 bunch fresh Swiss chard (approx. 10 leaves)
½ leek (approx. 100g)
300g peeled butternut squash
6 white cup mushrooms
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon margarine
375g smooth ricotta, non-dairy cream cheese or silken tofu
4 eggs or equivalent vegan egg replacer, lightly whisked
135g TLC Lupin Protein Flakes
60g plain gluten free flour / plain flour is gluten is not a problem
3 tablespoons dried Italian herbs
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons each pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds to garnish.
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C
- Line a rectangular baking dish (32 x 20cm / 2.8 litres) with baking paper.
- Thickly slice the chard and blanch for 2 mins then drain.
- Prepare other vegetables by slicing/chopping into small pieces.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and margarine together.
- Add leek to the frying pan and sauté, stirring for around 1 minute.
- Add pumpkin and cauliflower; cook and stir for around 6 minutes.
- Finally, add the mushrooms; continue to cook and stir for further 2 mins - Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the lupin flakes, flour, Italian herbs, salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked vegetables and blanched chard to the bowl.
- Add egg and ricotta to the bowl and combine all ingredients well.
- Spoon mixture evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Top mixture with garnish.
- Place in oven and bake for approx. 30-40 mins.