The Lupinist's Tips
The example shown was made from purple potatoes. Any kind of potatoes can be used, including sweet potatoes. Other vegetables can also be used, such as aubergine or courgette.
4 medium potatoes
50g TLC Lupin Protein Flakes
50g tapioca, rice flour or arrowroot flour
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
½ teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for roasting
- Slice the vegetables into any shape you like. Slices should not be too thick.
- Mix lupin flakes with the flour and the seasoning.
- Slowly add water until a thick batter is formed.
- Dip vegetable slices into the batter and place on a lined baking tray. Leave some space between each slice.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Roast in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with a little salt.
Serve with a dipping sauce. We have used vegan aioli here.