Serves 6 scrolls
1 teaspoon oil
½ red onion- chopped
2 cloves garlic – minced
200g lean protein (chicken/beef/turkey/vegan mince or tofu)
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
145g flour (bread flour or gluten free flour)
70g TLC Lupin Protein Flakes
1 teaspoon baking powder
180g Greek yoghurt or vegan substitute
2 tablespoon water
200g tomato paste
200g finely chopped mixed vegetables (eg spinach/peppers/broccoli)
250g Mozzarella cheese or vegan substitute
2 egg whites or vegan substitute, whisked
50g fresh herbs (eg coriander/basil) or dried herbs to taste
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a baking tray.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, stirring until the onion is soft.
- Add protein and cook until browned.
- Add seasoning. Stir for one more minute.
- Turn off heat and set aside.
- Mix together flour, lupin flakes and baking powder.
- Add the yoghurt and combine until mixture comes together as a dough.
- Knead for a few minutes until smooth. Add water if too dry or more flour if too wet.
- Roll dough into a rectangle, approximately 0.5cm thick.
- Spread dough with the tomato paste leaving 1cm of dough without paste at one end.
- Sprinkle over the vegetables, protein and cheese. Season and add herbs.
- Brush egg white or alternative on the bare 1cm of dough. Pour any excess over the toppings.
- Roll the dough from the side opposite to the sealing strip with egg on it.
- Cut into 4cm pieces and place into the baking tin, squashing together.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- If not eating immediately, wrap each scroll individually. Will keep in fridge for 1 week. Suitable for freezing.