Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
Serves Will fill a 1 litre container
120g TLC Lupin Protein Flakes
10g puffed buckwheat
25g puffed brown rice
70g pumpkin seeds
65g flaked / slivered almonds
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 orange - zest and juice (about 100ml)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
100g rice malt syrup or agave
45g coconut sugar or brown sugar
2 teaspoons coconut oil (optional)
50g dried apricots, chopped
50g dried barberries, inca berries (golden berries) or cranberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine lupin flakes, puffed buckwheat, puffed brown rice, pumpkin seeds, almonds, cinnamon and orange zest and mix in a bowl to combine.
- Put orange juice, vanilla, rice malt syrup, coconut sugar (and coconut oil if using) in a small saucepan and cook on medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar has dissolved.
- Pour syrup over dry ingredients and mix well to make sure syrup is evenly distributed.
- Line one or two baking trays with paper and spread mixture evenly across the paper so granola is in a single layer.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. While granola is baking, check every 3-5 minutes, moving the granola at the edges into the middle to prevent burning.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and then add apricots and berries.
- Store in an airtight container.
The Lupinist's Tips
Barberries have a beautiful tart flavour and are making their way onto supermarket shelves. If you can’t source them use cranberries. This recipe works with or without coconut oil, adding the oil will help the ingredients to cluster together better.