Super fluffy Spanish-style vegan omelette. Our Chief Lupinist's Vegan Lupin Tortilla can be enjoyed hot or cold - served as tapas or even as a main course.
Preparation time 10 mins
Cooking time 10 mins per tortilla
160g chick pea flour
40g TLC Lupin Protein Flakes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
Pinch chilli flakes
480ml cold water
1 medium onion – finely chopped
Olive oil for frying
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the water.
- Beat thoroughly into a batter. The batter will be quite watery.
- Add the onion and mix in.
- Heat a generous amount of olive oil in an 8 inch / 20cm non-stick frying pan on a medium heat.
- Add 1/3 of the batter.
- Cook gently, pushing the edges with a spatula to ascertain when ready to flip over.
- You should be able to move the tortilla without it sticking to the pan and the top should be thickening a little at the point when it is turned over.
- Flip and cook the other side until the tortilla can be pushed round without it sticking.
- Serve immediately.
The Lupinist’s Tips
Can also be eaten cold. Will keep a few days in the fridge. Delicious with Indian pickles.